Customizeable columns?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customizeable columns?

I wasn't really sure what to title this topic because I don't know the appropriate term for the row of column titles near the top of the OSCulator window. It includes Message, Event Type, Value, and Channel at first, and then Message, In. min., In. max, Cap, and so on when you click the little flap at the rightmost corner.

I find clicking the flap to access the second set of columns to be arduous. I often find myself flipping back and forth between the two endlessly. I've attempted to modify my work habits to accommodate, but it's still a hassle.

Camille, do you plan to eventually make it optional to either have a little flap or have one giant, unified window, or maybe just a way to customize either window? Alternately, if there were some way to disable the animation that plays when you flip the flap it would save some seconds.

Sorry to grumble publicly; I would have emailed but I figured others might be wondering the same thing. Also, to make myself perfectly clear, this is a minor quibble with a fantastic piece of software; thank you for all your hard work.

Hey Joel,

Thanks for your feedback!

This is the right place to express your suggestions, and appreciate very much the time you have taken to write this post.

I would like to keep the main window as concise as possible, but I do understand the curly page animation can be annoying. What can offer, is a preference option to disable most of the animations, and include that in the next release.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Thank you! I appreciate your speedy response. While I'd prefer a non-default option to see it all at once, disabling the animation will definitely be helpful. Another thing that might help (and also might be easy to code?) is a keyboard command to flip the page. Maybe ?F? Anything that keeps me away from the mouse is a wonderful thing. Either way, thanks again for all you do.

Comment

Working...
      X