Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii unstable connection

Hi all

I use demo version of osculator (many releases from 1.8.x to 2.0 beta) but have a same trouble: osculator lose connection after 1-10 minutes of usage. Other bluetooth devices works fine. I try to change all available settings but nothing.

Wii id is 01-1a-19-80-0d-91 if it`s informative

Please help!!

Hello,

I will check if your Wiimote is well supported.

However, I can tell you that once a connection is made, it should work as long as the Wiimote has available battery power and that it is in signal range.

Have you checked your batteries ?

Also, if you use the demo, mind that the processing is cut every 20 minutes after the first 5 minutes of activity.

Best,

Cam

Comment

I will check if your Wiimote is well supported.

However, I can tell you that once a connection is made, it should work as long as the Wiimote has available battery power and that it is in signal range.

Have you checked your batteries ?

Also, if you use the demo, mind that the processing is cut every 20 minutes after the first 5 minutes of activity.

Thank you for reply.

The batteries is ok (75% in indicator) and I sitting near my macbook. Maybe it because i use chinas wii (not made by nintendo) but it sometimes starts and work fine for several minutes.

Its show "connection lost" in status line

My OSX version is 10.5.8.

Report from my system log:

7/25/10 7:43:41 PM OSCulator[655] OSCulator(655,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x1095920, has non-zero refcount = 1

7/25/10 7:43:41 PM OSCulator[655] OSCulator(655,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x1096dd0, has non-zero refcount = 1

7/25/10 7:49:50 PM OSCulator[669] OSCulator(669,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x109d470, has non-zero refcount = 1

7/25/10 7:49:50 PM OSCulator[669] OSCulator(669,0xb0103000) malloc: free_garbage: garbage ptr = 0x109bf70, has non-zero refcount = 1

7/25/10 8:01:11 PM ReportCrash[688] Formulating crash report for process OSCulator[669]

Comment

Hi,

Can you confirm that the Wiimote's address starts with 01-1A ? (full address 01-1a-19-80-0d-91)

Then this is very useful because it seems to be a new set of addresses for the Wiimote that the Perfect Pairing extension does not handle yet. After your confirmation, I will update this extension and publish a fix in the next beta.

This should explain the cause of the connection problem.

The "malloc" lines in the log can be safely ignored as it pertains to a bug in 10.5 with regard to garbage collection, but it is harmless other than causing spurious lines in the system logs.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Can you confirm that the Wiimote's address starts with 01-1A ? (full address 01-1a-19-80-0d-91)
          Yes, its true.

Then this is very useful because it seems to be a new set of addresses for the Wiimote that the Perfect Pairing extension does not handle yet. After your confirmation, I will update this extension and publish a fix in the next beta.
          Looks like this. I hope its coming soon )

Maybe you need something else like crashreport, logs etc?

PS: I will glad to donate you after ))

Comment

alright, I will send you a build soon, and we'll see if that fixes the problem.

thanks!

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Hi Camille, wats about my problem?

Comment

Wow!! New version works great! Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X