configure on mac use on windows?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• configure on mac use on windows?

basically my mate has a mac so would i be able to configure the software for an iphone then use it to control traktor/ableton on my windows laptop?

Yes. You will need to use the latest beta (2.10), go in the Parameters window, I/O tab, and set the MIDI output to a physical MIDI output port.

Then plug the MIDI cable from your mate's Mac to your Windows computer's MIDI input.

Finally, configure Traktor or Live to use your MIDI interface input port.

Comment

sweet, is there a video tutorial for this, also i pretty sure my laptop doesnt have a MIDI input/output do ineed to get an adaptor?

Comment

Hey Kaya,

Sorry, I don't know of any video tutorial, but this is simple MIDI plumbing, therefore it should be easy to find something on YouTube or Google.

If your laptop doesn't have a MIDI interface or an Audio interface with MIDI port, you can buy the most simple one, like the M-Audio 1x1.

Comment

ah actually i have a native instruments audio 8 interface with MIDI in but i suppose then the Mac would also have to have MIDI ins/outs requiring another interface? or would i just need a MIDI to USB cable

Comment

Well, a MIDI to USB cable is a MIDI interface in itself.

Try to make sure you have a MIDI interface on the Mac as well, and a MIDI cable.

Comment

lol yeah i spose it is. so is this what i need to do..

usb interface from Mac to the midi interface, then MIDI out from interface into my laptop.

or in reverse, does that bit matter?

Comment

and just to add nice one camille you have be a right help!!!

Comment

:-)

MIDI Out from the Mac to your laptop.

Comment

Working...
                  X