Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TouchOSC and Kyma Program Changes

Hi Camille (and all)

I enjoy how easy you've made it for me to access Kyma program changes through OSCulator - no issues there. But now, I'm making things harder on myself - unfortunately, I need to bypass OSCulator and send these program changes directly in to a Pacarana from an iPad running TouchOSC.

I'm sure you've handled this before, but I've been pulling my hair out. If you or anyone else could just help me with the syntax for a button that would send program change 128 (the dice) to the Pacarana on MIDI channel 1, I think I could figure out the other program change messages...

Will I need to use anything along these lines?

/midi,m {0x00, 0xC0, 0x7F, 0xFF}

Hey Lowell,

In TouchOSC, you can't send messages with a "MIDI" typed argument. OSCulator doesn't send a program change message encapsulated in OSC to Kyma, but a native command on the FireWire bus.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Oh dear... - ha ha! That's why it wouldn't work... I was feeling pretty lame about it, but it's nice to know it's not me (except for that I missed this detail in the TouchOSC documentation)

Thanks Camille! Now I'm looking in to sending OSC messages to a global controller instead.

Comment

Working...
      X