Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling Reason Devices

Hi there,

I m currently working on TouchOSC Templates to control Reasons Synth and Effect Devices. Faders, Knobs and Toggle Buttons work flawlessly. As i started working on Subtractors Oscillator Settings i stumbled across a problem. Waveform, Octave and Tuning Semi/Cent are diplayed as up/down buttons (See: http://www.propellerheads.se/product...pop_subtractor). Controlling these values with rotaries works but i'd like to configure them as buttons according to the "real" interface. Is it possible to send e.g. values like +32 and -32 with osculator?

Greetings from Switzerland

loop

Hey Loop,

It seems those parameters actually have fixed values, instead of relative addressing (like -32 / +32). So, it looks like the different values (all kinds of waveforms, octaves from e.g. -4 to +4), are spreaded across the MIDI range of 0 to 127. This is why it works with a rotary, just like it would with a fader, you are simply browsing the set of values.

Here's what you can do:

- Use rotary to control of parameter,

- Open a Quick Look window to see what is the value sent when the parameter changes, write down that value.

- Now instead of the rotary, use a button this time and register it in OSCulator, then assign the MIDI CC you were using previously.

- Switch to the Scalings Page (View->Flip to Scalings Page), and change set the Output Min and Output Max fields to the value to wrote down. This will make that button only output the same value when pressed and depressed. You may need to round that value up or down a bit, there is no need to be super precise.

I hope this will help.

Greets from Paris!

Cam

:-)

Comment

Hi Cam,

yep, this helps a lot. I will give it a try tomorrow.

thanks alot

loop

Comment

Hi Cam,

tested this morning with Subtractors Osc1 Phase Mode (x,-,o) and three toggle buttons. Worked like a charm, i even figured out how to disable the active button when another one is pressed so that there is only one toggle active at a time.

The more i get to know osculator the more i love it ;-)

Greetz

loop

Comment

I am enjoying virtually 100% success with Instrument devices, i.e. Combinator, Dr. Rex, Subtractor, etc. But, I am having no success controlling Effects (i.e. RV7000, Scream, DDL-1), the Line 6 devices, and transport controls without remote overrides.

Has anyone had success with non-instrument devices without resorting to remove overrides?

Comment

Hi,

for transport controls you can send key combos, take a look at the reason documentation. i haven't tried building templates for the fx devices yet.

Greetz

loop

Comment

Working...
            X