Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• osculator wiimote max and decimals

hi there !

a brief question : how many decimals does Osculator report from the wii raw datas ?

when OSC-routed to MAX I get :

- 6 decimals when routed to a float box

- .... only 3 when routed to a text object/file

so, a related question would also be : how could I get the 6 decimals in the text file ? can't figure it out...

I'd really like to have as much precision as possible in this domain as the time domain isn't really precise enough for my use (currently for scientific experiments purposes more than music, though I got wiimotes and osculator for music at first).

finally, thank you Camille for the release with the motion plus extension!! just received 2 motionplus and am currently trying them

Hey Bob,

The representation used to forward the Wiimote's data using an OSC message is 32 bits floating numbers (aka single precision numbers). Because they use a variable number of decimals, you can really use the decimal count as a factor of precision.

The fact that you have a different number of digits in a floatnum box or a text file is a factor of the respective representation method. I have no knowledge of how you can control the precision of a floating number representation on a text file in Max.

If you can send me by email a simplified version of your Max patch that writes Wiimote data to a text file, I should be able to find out how to increase digits count.

Best,

Camile

Comment

oh ! I haven't seen your reply (I thought I would get an e-mail if a reply was posted).

thank you very much Camille !! I send you an e-mail in a few minutes !

Comment

Working...
      X