Virtual DJ 6 and touchOSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual DJ 6 and touchOSC

i really need help mapping Virtual DJ 6.0.1 and TouchOSC. i made my own template, i'm running OSCulator since i am on a mac. when i hit simple MIDI wrapper and hit auto-learn on VDJ 6, i press a button or whatever on my iPhone and it doesn't recognize it. any ideas? can somebody out there help me???

p.s. i don't mean to be rude but please dont reply "i would also like to know how to do this" just keep on looking on this post for any feedback

Thanks if you can solve my problem!

Hi,

Just a couple of questions:

- have you configured Virtual DJ with OSCulator's MIDI output?

- In OSCulator, have you mapped your TouchOSC message with MIDI CC, or Notes?

Please give a little more detailed description of your setup, as I am not an expert with Virtual DJ, and although I have read the documentation, I have no clue of what you have done so far.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Cam, thanks for the reply,

basically i'm trying to configure it.

Osculator has the signals being converted to Midi CC.

i really need to know how to map in VDJ 6, it was a piece of cake in VDJ 5, but i had to update as my controller was not compatable with it.

lets see if i can make a map

touchOSC ----Connected---- OSCulator OS X ----Not Connected---- Virtual DJ 6.

Comment

Well, unless someone can contribute a better answer, from what I can understand, you will need to use the "Mapper" in the Settings window (cf page 38 in the manual).

You should be able to select "OSCulator Out" MIDI output in the list of available devices, and click the Auto-Learn button. Then move a slider or push a button in TouchOSC, then in Virtual DJ select an action to perform with the received MIDI CC.

I have not try it, since I don't own this software, but this is how I would do.

Also, on the Virtual DJ forum, I saw this procedure which is basically the same as I described:

1. Go to Config --> Mappers

2. Choose "Simple MIDI mapper" from the controller menu

3. Press the green + button

4. Press a button/knob/slider in your Akai and see the corresponding MIDI-note appear into the command list

5. Assign a command for the MIDI-note by choosing script command from the list, or just write it e.g. "deck left play

Best,

Cam

Comment

Hey cam, thanks, did as posted, stopped at #4, no progress there unfortunately

Comment

Ok so what is the deal, how do I set my system up. Once again I'm in the very beginning steps and have a mac running virtual dj 6.0.1

Could someone please run me through the steps on setup.

Comment

Any updates on Virtual DJ support?
              I tried mapping Wii buttons in "Simple Midi Wrapper" in the Mappers prefs.
              It seems like its not accepting anything from Osculator..
              I hav a USB Midi Keyboard that i was successfully mapped in VDJ

It would be awesome to use Osculator in VDJ since VDJ is compatible with various control vinyls as well as audio interfaces..

Comment

Hey Scotty,

I just tried everything possible to map something in Virtual DJ but there is no way to detect a MIDI port my Mac.
                It seems Virtual DJ only works with USB interfaces and do not use the standard Mac OS X MIDI driver...

Best,
                Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
                  Hey Scotty,

I just tried everything possible to map something in Virtual DJ but there is no way to detect a MIDI port my Mac.
                  It seems Virtual DJ only works with USB interfaces and do not use the standard Mac OS X MIDI driver...

Best,
                  Cam

Is there any update on connecting OSCulator and Virtual DJ? I need help with that!!!

Thanks,
                  Randy

Comment

Hi Randy !

As long as Virtual DJ developers don't fix their MIDI implementation, there's no update I can give on that subject. This topic should rather be on their forum.

The only think I can think of would be to use a physical MIDI interface where you loopback the OUT into the IN with a cable, and configure OSCulator to send on the OUT of the interface and virtual DJ to receive on the IN.

Best Regards,
                    Cam

Comment

Solution

Was able to work around the problem using MidiPipe as a MIDI re-route. - http://web.mac.com/nicowald/SubtleSoft/MidiPipe.html

A quick tutorial here:
                      http://dev.virtualdj.com/forums/1523...__etc___).html

Comment

Working...
                      X