Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote to PD ?

Hi!

My OSCulator reads well my wii, and I would like to send the OSC information to PureData

before I was using Darwiin instead of OSCulator and it was easy to recieve the information by the object oscx/dumpOSC [port#]

now when I naively try to change the port# to 8000 - the default, it doesnt work , the object suddenly doesnt exist.

I dont know how to configure the OSCulator for PD and neither if the same approach for recieving in the patch will work

:/

Any help would be highly appreciated... !

Thanxxxxx in advance

Hi Ida,

First of all, you have to know that you can't have two programs using the same network port at the time. OSCulator uses the default port 8000. If you configure your oscx/dumpOSC object to listen on port 8000, you will have a port clash. I would recommend you comfigure oscx/dumpOSC to use port 9000 instead and leave OSCulator on port 8000.

On another subject, have you tried the "Wiimote to Max" OSCulator file?

You can find it in the folder "/Applications/OSCulator ƒ/Samples Library/Wiimote/Cycling'74 Max/". If will forward every Wiimote events as OSC messages to the port 9000. If you know how to handle OSC messages in Pd, then you're done.

darwiinosc does not use the same addressing scheme as OSCulator, so you can't expect drop-in compatibility here, sorry. The first solution is to modify you Pd patch in order to handle the OSC messages from OSCulator. Another solution would be to modify the OSCulator file "Wiimote to Max" and customize it to make it work the same way as darwiinosc.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Dear Cam,

yes, actually a friend helped me here and I succeed already!

thank you so much for the fast and detailed support... you are great!

And OSCulator is also great! (much better than Darwiin...!!! )

cheers,

Ida.

Comment

Thanks Ida, much appreciated :-)

Comment

I'm reading the first two IR LED's from Osculator and with this two LED's I calculate the average and use this average as a cursor point. My problem is when I move the wii mote horitzontally and one of this IR's arrive to it's bound (0 or 1) this jumps again to a random point x in the screen. May be is because I'm only using 2 LED points? There's any way to know that this point is out of it's bounds? Like send/read -1 or something on the X pos. On the Y axis seems to work fine.

Comment

Are you by any chance sending a value that may be slightly out of bounds (below 0 or over 1).
            I know there is a single pixel at the limits that may cause this behavior.

Comment

Working...
            X