Sending Midi clock to a specific OSC address

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending Midi clock to a specific OSC address

I'm new to OSCulator. Paid user looking for a helping hand.

I have a device that needs a midi clock over WiFi.

The information given is this:

Transport: UDP Broadcast

Port: 3333

OSC Address: "/midi"

OSC Type Tag: "im"

How can I get OSCulator to send that info, any help would be appreciated!

Hi Ian,

You want to route MIDI data to a device using an OSC message that has two arguments: one integer and one MIDI argument.

The specification you gave does not give any precision on the meaning of the first integer argument. Let's assume it is 0 for the sake of the explanation. Also, I guess that you already know how to send MIDI to OSCulator, and configure your DAW to send the MIDI Clock to a specific MIDI port.

First of all, you need to activate the Raw MIDI mode. For this, go in the Parameters window, click on I/O tab, and change the MIDI input mode to Raw.

Then, go to the OSC Routing tab. We need to tell where we want the data to go.

In the first table, check if you device is already in the list, or add a manual entry if you know its host and port. For example, if the host is 192.168.0.10 and the port 3333, double click an empty line and write 192.168.0.10:3333. You can also set a memo to give a more readable name to your device.

Now we want to specify how we want to send the data. In the second table, add a new routing (click the + button on the far bottom left of the window). Now click on the pen button in order to show the OSC Routing edit window and edit that routing.

Set the rewrite address to /midi.

In the Arguments fields, delete the preconfigured token, and type 0 follow by space. This will put a constant token that has a value of 0. Next, click on that token and reveal the contextual menu, then choose to force the type of this token to int. You have created the first argument of your routing, let's create the second one: drag the arg[0] token right after the 0. That's all for the Parameters window.

Last step: send the MIDI clock to OSCulator. You should see a "/midi/raw/osc-in" message registering in the list. As the event type, choose OSC Routing, and for the value, give the Routing you have previously created.

That's all folks!

Best,

Cam

PS: you can download a file with these settings here. You will have to change the target device's address, as for testing purposes I have set it to localhost:9000.

Comment

Wow that was quite a reply! I'll try this out later on today and see if I can get it working. I appreciate the help, we'll talk soon

Comment

Working...
      X