Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders in Fingerplay->Osculator->Ableton

Hi there,

I'm new to all this stuff and am having a bit of trouble mapping sliders/faders in FingerPlay MIDI for android to sliders in ableton. I was able to successfully get Midi CC events happening to trigger clips etc, but when I map one of the sliders in FingerPlay to a volume slider in Ableton, for example, the slider only goes down and not up. I'm not exactly sure how to set this up properly in osculator. When I move the slider around in my fingerplay app, the quick look in osculator shows a value in the thousands, min=0,max=127, and there is no graph. What am I doing wrong here? What Event Type should i pick for the slider and what value?

Just bought this cool product, Thanks!

Hi,

It seems you need to adjust the scaling of the sliders. The best would be to make the adjustment right into FingerPlay and set the minimum value to 0.0 and max value to 1.0.

If you can't do that, use OSCulator and display the Scalings page (menu View->Flip to Scalings Page). Search the line that corresponds to the message you are sending from your slider and change the input min and input max values.

Note: If you want to know what are the raw min and max value sent from FingerPlay, open a Quick Look window, but first you will want to remove the MIDI CC event otherwise you will read that value multiplied by 127.

Best,

Cam

Comment

Working...
    X