No announcement yet.

Torq not sending anything to OSCulator?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torq not sending anything to OSCulator?

First off, this software is amazing.

Secondly, I'm building a fairly robust iPad template with TouchOSC for controlling Torq, just for things like effects, cue points, and loops. However, I would like some of the controls to be able to respond toggling on/off based on other controls... I thought Torq could send MIDI CCs back to OSCulator and then on to TouchOSC, but it looks like that's not working.

An example: I want a master "LOOP" indicator, be it a "toggle" or an "LED" or something else, that will turn ON when the Torq LOOP indicator turns on, which could be triggered by many other things (the 1, 2, 4, or 8 bar loop buttons, the IN/OUT loop set buttons, etc... Basically, I just want TouchOSC to be able to reflect the state of Torq controls.

Torq's MIDI Out light flickers whenever I have OSCulator hooked up and hit a key in Torq, or trigger something through TouchOSC that affects a Torq control, but OSCulator never seems to receive the information. Why not? Torq's problem? Or something I'm not doing right in OSCulator?

Thanks!

Hey Yorb,

Have you turned on "OSCulator In (8000)" in MIDI Prefs / MIDI devices ?

If you can't see the OSCulator MIDI input in Torq's Prefs, could you try with the IAC driver?

(what is and how to activate the IAC driver)

Cheers,

Cam

Comment

Hi Cam,

Thanks, but the only option I have under MIDI DEVICES in Torq is OSCulator Out. I guess that explains why it's not sending anything back! I tried turning on the IAC driver like you suggested, and routing through there, but OSCulator still isn't receiving anything from Torq. I can even send from TouchOSC -> OSCulator -> IAC -> Torq, with the OSCulator Out MIDI completely disabled in Torq (with a little extra latency), but still I receive nothing.

It looks more and more like this is something we need M-Audio's help with. Thanks anyway for the suggestion though, and I'll be happy to test more if you have any more ideas.

FYI, I have a Mac Pro running 10.6.4, with the current OSCulator and current Torq (1.5.3).

Comment

Working...
      X