static midi messages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• static midi messages?

maybe i haven't looked in the right spot but, is it possible to send a static CC number from a pushbutton?

basically i'm trying to have multiple buttons sending one CC number but with different values to control the ping pong delay note value in ableton.

for example: one pushbutton should send CC20 as a value of 64, and another pushbutton should send CC20 as a value of 96. is this possible?

this would sort of be like a multi-toggle in touchosc, only as a multi-selector instead. if i understood ANYTHING about max/msp i'm sure i could accomplish this but that software is made for aliens with 500 times my intelligence

Hey Snerk,

The way to do this is to flip to the Scalings Page (choose View > Flip to Scalings Page), then locate the message you want to modify, and set the output min and output max to the same value. This will constrain the output of the button to the same value.

On OSCulator version 2.10, if this message has a MIDI CC event attached to it, you will simply type the values in MIDI units, that is 64 or 96.

Best,

Camille

Comment

is this even in the documentation anywhere?

Comment

No, but the documentation is currently being updated.

Feel free to look at this thread if you have any requests! (the scalings will be indeed described in more details with the user's manual update).

Also, the forum has accumulated a lot of tips and advices over time, the Google search field should return useful results.

Comment

Working...
        X