leds on wiimote showing feedback?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• leds on wiimote showing feedback?

Hello, I'm using the wiimote with ableton live. I use the b button to turn on and off an effect and I was wondering if there's a way to make a blue led at the bottom turn on when the effect is on?

Thanks,

Derek

Hi Derek,

There is a simple way to turn one led on.

Just duplicate the /wii/1/button/B message and assign a Wiimote LED event to that message. Choose "Numeric (1)" as value if you want only the first LED (Numeric takes an input value between 1 and 16 to display a binary combination of the LEDs), or "Level (1)" which will turn on all LEDs (because this event light up LED like a bargraph using an input value between 0.0 and 1.0).

However, there is no real way of composing how the LEDs should be turned on. For example if you want have 4 buttons and want each button to light one particular LED, there is no way to do this at the moment.

If you would like to turn on the second LED only, then you will have to revert to sending a custom OSC message to OSCulator itself and give it a fixed argument of 2. This is because LEDs->Numeric takes a value between 0 and 16 as explained earlier.

I hope this makes sense …

Best,

Cam

Comment

How would I go about doing that? And could i get it to turn off when I turn the effect off?

Comment

Select the /wii/1/button/B event and choose Edit->Duplicate.

On the second duplicate replace the MIDI CC event with a "Wiimote LEDs" event type, and set the Value column to "Numeric (1)", provided your Wiimote has the slot 1.

When the button is pressed the first LED will be turned on, and when the button is released it will turn off. The reason why it does that is because when the button is pressed the /wii/1/button/B message sends a value of 1, hence turning on the first led, and when the button is released, the value 0 is sent, which means no LED turned on.

Comment

Working...
        X