Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip names in ableton

Hey there!

I am wondering if it is possible to forward the clipnames in ableton to Touchosc (through osculator ofcourse)??

Livecontrol has this implemented as well, so there should be a way to do it hopefully? I read somewhere that this was coming in a future version of osculator, but in my memory this was quite an old article so hopefully it's implemented already.

ciao

Hey,

The feature that OSCulator can do now is to forward any kind of OSC argument in an OSC message. That means effectively that you can forward a string from LiveAPI to TouchOSC through OSCulator.

I have tried myself to use the LiveAPI along with OSCulator but this prove rather complicated to do something useful. LiveControl on the other hand has a modified version of the LiveAPI that talks directly with TouchOSC.

I understand some people would like to combine the features of LiveControl with the flexibility of a custom layout, unfortunately at the current stage, OSCulator does not provide the right tools to make this easily.

Best,

Cam

Comment

illuminate labels in TouchOSC withe OSC messages ??

I have almost the same question ...

TouchOSC Editor has added a "Label" object .. with an OSC adress like : /1/label1

How can we use that label in OSCulator and TouchOSC ?
      is it just a static indication text for buttons and faders or is it possible to send back messages to this label ?

I mean I would like to illuminate the label as a LED when a clip is played in Live for exemple
      I tried to route /midi/cc1/1 with OSC Routing to /1/label1
      but nothing happens and TouchOSC on iPhone crashes after 3 secondes !!!
      Last edited by kazimir; 12-01-2010, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Hey Kazimir,
        The answer to your question is in this thread :

Comment

Working...
        X