Conducting your Midi-music with Wii controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Conducting your Midi-music with Wii controller

I have recently started to use my Wii-controller in Osculator to send Midi-signals to Logic Pro. And it works fine. However. My ambition is to be able to control the tempo in Logic by using the controller as a conductor-stick. In short: I want Logic to register the intervals between each stroke. This intervals will determine the current tempo. Is there someone out there who is able to help me with this?

As you can see- it can be done. This guy uses Wii, Logic and Vienna Symphonic Library:

Check out this link

Hi,

I have found a tutorial on how to enable tempo control from a MIDI Control Change.

However this technique means you need to send Logic a value that represents the desired tempo, so that's not tap tempo. I know that the Fauxharmonic Orchestra has an advanced use of Logic's Environment to determine this tempo value based on an event coming from the Wiimote (for example a note), but I have no idea of how this is particularly made.

Maybe you could ask the Fauxharmonic Orchestra to share their environment setup with you. I am sorry, but Logic is a bit complicated on this side, and I have no better idea on how to achieve this.

Best,
    Cam
    Last edited by camille; 10-15-2010, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply Camille. I have set up an enviroment in logic thats working pretty well with Osc, but there is still some adjustments to be made. I agree with you. This is probably more of a logic-challenge than an Osculator-challenge. The wii-part is the easy thing here. The accel. does the job for note-playing. So it should also work for conducting. The challenge is how to transform the note signals to the tempo fader so that the tempo-fader in the enviroment will react properly.

I will contact Fauxharmonic orchestra. Thanks for your tip!!

Comment

Hello, did anybody resolve this issue? I'm trying to the same exact thing, but controlling tempo in real time in Logic seems to be impossible.
        Any ideas?

Comment

Working...
        X