Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resending the MIDI Clock manually

Hi Camille,

I dont know if you have a solution about this ...

Here is my prob so far.

I use Ableton live and several audio apps with the ipad ... I can use TouchOSC also.

With fingerbassline (tb303 like) I can use midi sync from ableton live ...

It works great, the only problem I have is:
    Let's say I use a tool 1 to add some sounds, then I switch to fingerbassline.
    The ableton live is already in play mode, but the ipadbassline is not started because it needs the clock begin which is sent when the play button is pressed.

In order to make it work I have to press the space bar (stop) and repress it (play) so that the clock makes the app starts ...

I was wondering if there was a way via osculator to resend the message from Live that is sent when the play is pressed (only the midi clock)

Dont know if it is possible so far ...

Any idea welcome ...

Hope I am too much out of the subject

Thanks
    PHil

Do you think there is a way to start fingerbassline from a MIDI CC or a MIDI Note?
    If you can use another message than a MIDI Clock message, then you could put this message in your sequence or in a clip in Live … What do you think?

Comment

I finally got it ...

first of all you need a plugin named clocker. It is a free one.

then you place that plugin in a midi channel on live, then you can start or stop the midi clock (the last parameter) without interfering with live.

I did a dummy clip with a message midi linked to change this start/stop of the clocker (so that you start it right in time with live playing along) and then you can do whatever you like ...

the dummy clip is redirected on a midi output (hardware one) and then I put a midi cable from this out to one midi in (and that midi in is set as remote in live)

then I mapped this clip with a key (on the mac keyboard) cause I have no time to redo my touchosc/osculator controller thing

but it works finally meaning
      I press on S for stop
      I press on P for play the midi clock

All that without stopping live to play

I have to press first stop and then play in order to start the clock ...

Happy with that solution (even if it had nothing to do with osculator

Comment

and to reply to your proposal, I didnt find a way to do it that way (would have been better by the way)

Comment

Working...
        X