Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch OSC to Oscillator to Live question

Hi i have a question:

I have the XY pad on my iphone and its sending data which gets received by oscillator. I've then made the event type midi cc and value 0 for X and value 1 for Y. The X adjusts the L and R for two audio tracks in live. I want for the Y value for it to increase volume on the first track (when moved up in the Y direction) while simultaneously decreasing the volume of the other audio track. How can i accomplish this?

Right now the problem is that moving the Y up and down increases and decreases the volumes in live for both tracks in the exact same way and instead i need them to complement each other.

Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe, it could be better to use the crossfader on Live. Do you know how it works?

Comment

Hi Sabo,

I guess you have already duplicated the message so two MIDI messages are mapped to the two different tracks.
      Now you want to invert the scale of one of them.
      To do that, go in the Scalings page (Command-F), locate the message that you want to change, and invert the values in Output Min and Output Max. Typically, Output Min would be 127 and Output Max would be 0. This way, while one message sends MIDI events going from 0 to 127, the other one will do the opposite, that is, 127 to 0.

Another way is to do that directly in Live.
      Open the MIDI mappings by pressing Command-M, and look at the MIDI mappings table. You can invert the settings of the mapping corresponding to the volume fader of the desired track.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

merci beaucoup

Comment

Working...
        X