Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason 5 Thor and Subtractor Layouts and Osculator mappings for iPad

Greets,

Attached are TouchOSC templates and Osculator mappings for use with Reason's Thor and Subtractor synths. Was kinds puzzled why no one had done this yet, so figured I should share my efforts

Due to real estate issues, I wasn't able to get everything on there, but I think I hit the majority of what people would need when they're trying to craft their own patches in Thor and Subtractor.

I laid these out in what seemed to be logical places (either mimicing the instrument's layout, in the case of Subtractor or grouping similar items together, like Filters and LFOs, in the case of Thor). That said, I'm just getting started in all of this madness, so if I missed something obvious, PM me and I'll see if I can find time to tweak them.

Also, I created this using the out-of-the-box mappings, so these assume that you haven't done any Remote Overrides.

Finally, I used the canned "Other" MIDI Keyboard Surface to get this to work with Reason. I would ultimately love to get bidirectional communication working so the knobs and sliders would map to what's there in Reason. I figure I'll need to hack a Remote file to do so, but any pointers in that regard would be greatly appreciated.

Enjoy!

TouchOSC-Ocsulator Templates for Thor and Subtractor.zip

Cheers,
    CJC (AKA: Munky)

Very nice, thanks Munky!

Comment

Not Playing Subtractor Sounds.

Nice.

I'm running this on a windows OS but I cannot find out how to play the noises I adjust using the Subtractor patch. There's no "run" button or "play".

Enter key does not work either. Am I missing a setting?

If someone could help, this would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt

Comment

Originally posted by MonsterMatt View Post
        Nice.

I'm running this on a windows OS but I cannot find out how to play the noises I adjust using the Subtractor patch. There's no "run" button or "play".

Enter key does not work either. Am I missing a setting?

If someone could help, this would be greatly appreciated.

-Matt
        Matt,

These templates just allow you to tweak (most of) the knobs and sliders in Subtractor and Thor - not play notes or sequence anything. They are for easing the creation of new patches and/or twiddling knobs/sliders during live performance.

Hope that clarifies. I plan on creating a vid showing how to use them soon.

Plus, I created a Kong layout that does allow you to use TouchOSC like a set of MPC pads, so that one will let you actually play/sequence drum patterns in Kong. I will include a template for the 14:2 Mixer in there, as well.

Look for those updated templates "soon" (as family life permits). I will edit the original post and attach them there when completed.

Cheers,
        Munky

Comment

Working...
        X