Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED /Fader Question

Hi there,
    I have a simple LED question. I am sorry if this question has already been answered in a different thread. I checked and found one close, but I couldn't get it working. Anyway, this is what I want to do.

I have a Touch OSC interface with faders with LEDs above them. I want the LED to turn on when the fader value is above zero, and turn off when it is Zero. This is what I've got so far:

With my touch osc interface and OSCulator open, I move a fader and the message shows up in Osculator. I click "event type" then "OSC routing" then value, the new.
    My re-write address is: /1/led/1 and my argument is 1. Now when I move the fader the LED turns on.

But when I pull the fader down the LED doesn't turn off. I saw in a different thread that I have to duplicate the command makes the LED turn on (in my case it is the fader) and make a second argument with value being 0 to turn the LED off. I did this, then hit command F and tried changing the in and out values and put the Cap on, and it looked like the two lines were fighting over each other to turn the LED on and off when I moved the fader. I know I am very close to making this work, I just don't know what I am doing wrong. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Michael Moore
    IntenseSL.com

Re:LED /Fader Question

Ok so after spending some serious time working on this, I actually figured out a better way to how to accomplish what I wanted to do. My goal was to move a fader up and have a led light turn on when the fader was above zero. I figured out that I can have the program that OSCulator is sending data to send back midi feedback for the fader, and OSCulator can then send the feedback to the LED and actually make it act as dimmer! The higher the fader, the brighter the LED. This is actually even better for my purposes then I was even going for.

Now this prompts yet another question. .

I figured out how to have the other program send midi feedback for the active state of the fader. Now I would like to change the color of the led to say green when the fader is "active" and keep it red while it isn't active.

Now when I make the fader active in my other program, it send back midi cc data to OSCulator. So what I have been trying to do is route this to the LED (which I know how to do) and get it to change colors. I have tried to add: /color green to the end of the re-write address, as well as adding: /color to the end of the re-write and adding green to the arguments box and neither has worked yet.

Can anyone guess what I am doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!
    Mike
    IntenseSL.com

Comment

Hi Mike,

Sorry for not responding earlier.
      This thread might have some good information on how to set the color of a control in TouchOSC:

Let me know if that works for you.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Hi Cam, Thanks for getting back to me.

It was actually that thread that gave me the idea to change the colors in the first place. Anyway it ends up that my issue wasn't with OSCulator, rather TouchOSC. It seams as if you can change the color of most things, but not the color of an LED. Weird huh?

In other news I just learned how the Demuxing feature works, and I have to say its really cool. It opened up a lot of possibilities for me. Thank you

Comment

Working...
        X