motion plus not working with 2.10.6.2 update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• motion plus not working with 2.10.6.2 update

I just upgraded to v2.10.6.2 and now osculator does not receive any data from the motion plus. all other parameters seem to be functioning correctly. i've tested this with two separate wiimotes, so I am pretty confident that this is an osculator issue and not a wiimote issue.

Hey Michael,

Just click on the Motion Plus checkbox in the Wiimote Drawer. The reason why the Motion Plus is not enabled anymore by default is because of incompatibility problems with various extensions.

Cheers !
    Cam

Comment

Doh!

thanks for pointing that out!

Michael

Comment

Wii Motion Plus - doesn't appear to make any difference

Hi - I've just plugged in my motion plus add-on for Wiimote and I can't tell any difference. I'm feeding data out of osculator into max/msp. As ever, pitch and roll are pretty good, but there's no perceptible difference with yaw. What settings should I be using etc? I've tried every combination I can think of, check the "motion plus" box, tried the different modes etc. I'm using ocsulator Version 2.11.2.2 (20111228). What should I notice that's different?

Thanks!

Patrick

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Soon after you activate the MotionPlus extensions by clicking the "MotionPlus" checkbox in the Wiimote drawer, the MotionPlus is first calibrated, then sends its sensor data to OSCulator. You should see a new message like /wii/1/motion/angles with the pitch, roll and yaw computed from the MotionPlus device.

Since the message for the MotionPlus and the built-in accelerometers are different, you need to route it to Max/MSP.

If you want to see how the signals look like I would recommend you select a message (e.g. pitch), and press the space bar, this will show a Quick Look window. You can display two windows side by side and compare the signals from the accelerometers wtr the signals using the MotionPlus.

There is also three modes of "wrapping" when for example you turn the remote around the roll axis: you can either select the continuous mode (that behaves like the standard accelerometers, but is more stable in some ways), the cyclic mode that wraps like a clock (when you reach the maximum value it starts all over from the minimum value) and the infinite mode that never wraps.

Best,
          Cam

Comment

Thanks Cam - so it looks like something's wrong then. Osculator can't see the Motion Plus at all; there's no /motion/angles coming up, but everything else is working. Any idea whether I can tell if it's working or not? Or is the fact that osculator can't see it proof enough that it's broken?

Patrick

Comment

Hey Patrick,

So I've tried with version 2.11.2.2 with a MotionPlus extension: I've connected the Wiimote, plugged in the extensions and checked the MotionPlus checkbox. After 3 seconds, the calibration started and the /wii/1/motion/angles message showed.

The work to support the Wiimote is done by reverse engineering because no official documentation is available, so depending on your Wiimote and MotionPlus extension, your mileage may vary. Fortunately, some progress has been done in the recent beta releases (see http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ator-2-12-beta) with a new connection method and rewritten MotionPlus detection code.

Please let me know if that helps, thanks!

Cam

Comment

Working...
              X