Wiimote only working 50%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote only working 50%

Hello dear Osculator fans, First of i must say this is by far the best ap out there, i use my iphone every week as a midi controller during my shows and i must say it has NEVER let me down, EVER. Osculator is by far the best thing there is out there (after pizza on Sundays)

I've been looking at the possibilities to add in a wii mote into my sets as a addition to my iphone, so today i went and bought a wii more plus.

I went to my studio and unpacked it, read the faq on this site about how to connect it, I connected it to osculator, and of course it works right away (why am i not surprised)

I get all the messages into the osculator session, i map them as midi cc to channel 13, and i start giving them values.

But then, whenever i try to activate anything, i do not get the green light to the left, I don't get any signals into any of my programs. It seems like something is just blocking me from actually using the signals.

some specs:
    To the right in the wii box i get a check mark on my first wii mote, i have some sort of a serial looking code there which seems all right, i have motion plus checked and set to continuous, i have pitch roll, jaw checked. But i choose not to check raw accels, ir, and raw it. I have checked sync leds and battery level.

But it just wont work all the way, whenever i remove one of the commands i have, it comes back right away once i perform that action again, So obviously osculator is getting signals from wii, but not all the way.

I would be so unthankfully happy if anyone out there had a answer for me, i have a big show next week and i would love to be able to bring my wiimote into the mix.

Thank you in advance, and have a nice weekend.
    Cheers
    Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
    - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Hey Drakenberg,

I have several questions for you:

Let's start with a simple setup. Open an empty document, leave the default configuration, and connect your Wiimote. You said messages were coming in the list, which is fine. Now, open a Quick Look window on, let's say, the pitch argument. Can you see the signal in the Quick Look graph? It is changing? Can you do the same for some buttons?

Now, depending on your computer and system configuration, your Wiimote might need to be registered with the Perfect Pairing extension. Some newer Wiimotes are not know to the Perferct Pairing system, and I have to add the new addresses (the serial number you werer referring to) from time to time (which will hopefully change someday).
    Could you please give me that serial number so I can have look?
    I would also need to know what is your computer model, and Mac OS version.

Thank you for all this nice support!

Best Regards,
    Cam

Comment

Hello again, and thank you for your quick reply Camille.

I did what you asked for, i got perfect signals for both pitch and the buttons (i didnt try the rest, but if these two work, the rest should)

The serial number is in your pm box.

I have a mac book pro, 1 year old running the latest os.

You're very welcome, great service and products doesn't come without great feedback, So keep it up. Because you rock!

Cheers

Comment

Thank you for sending the serial number.
        So it looks like it is not present in the database, which might explain why it does not work totally well, however you said the signals were received ok, and that you had a recent computer with the latest OS.

May I rephrase your problem so I can fully understand: you assign MIDI messages to your Wiimote, but you don't receive the MIDI in any of your programs, is that correct?

With the simple example I suggested, have you tried to assign a MIDI message to the button or pitch value and see if it was working in this setup?

Comment

No problem.

OK, is there any way for me to activate my serial somewhere so it works?

Yes, i don't get the signals into any program, but i know its not there it fails, I know with my iphone i get green signals next to every message once its activated, i tried my iphone just now and its still working great with my programs. But with the wii mote, those green lights never lits up for me which is strange, since they should once i assigned channel, midi cc and value.
          So the problem is somewhere inside osculator

I could shoot a vid so you could see what the problem is.
          Thank you once again!

Comment

I am going to send you a build that should support your Wiimote.
            Let's see if that fixes the problem!

Comment

Oh damn, what a cool thing. Im honored.

Do you have any social media networks you want promoted, or should i share this homepage along my social network as a token of gratitude towards your excelent service?

Cheers, and thanks once again.

Comment

You can mention @oscltr on Twitter, much appreciated!

Comment

Done, You should setup a facebook fanpage, i would be the first to invite people to it!
                  Cheers

Comment

Update, about the lights in osculator, i had missed to check the "flash activity lights" so now they do, however, they show me yellow as in working, but not really.
                    They should lit up green when they work 100%
                    i only get yellow led's for the pitch, roll, yaw and accel. None for any buttons which is weird.

Comment

This is normal behaivor: if the lights blink yellow, this means "nothing done".
                      Assign a MIDI message or anything that does some work and you'll get the green lights.

Comment

ok, now however they started flashing green with me just looking at them (it feels like that, i didnt do much more)
                        But i cant get them into traktor, imported them into my main osculator file, they lit green, but they just wont work for some reason. Really strange, now however osculator should work!

Thank you for all of your help, ill keep you posted about this.

Comment

I would suggest that you use the free application MIDI Monitor to have a look and see if OSCulator outputs some MIDI. This way, you'll be able to tell where the problem lies.
                          Thanks you so much for the tweet, I can already see new followers coming :-)

Comment

WORKING

WOHOOO, now its working 100% traktor and ableton both gets the midi signals and the smile on my midi-nerd face is as big as ever before, I would like to say thank you for helping me with this. Thank you thank you thank you, this will be a great addition to my live setup, And ill make sure to try it out on saturday as i warm up for Lutzenkirchen :O

YOu rock, best service ever, i'm so happy dedicated and service minded individuals like you still exists on this planet!

I will give you all a review and a lot of other goodies once im done with this bad boy

Thanks once again, and have a super duper week, you deserve it!

Best regards from
                            Johannes Drakenberg

Comment

Working...
                            X