PDA

View Full Version : Wiimote + Osculator + Traktor Scratch Pro...

SZamer
02-22-2011, 01:06 PM
Hey guys my name is Sam I'm new here and this is my first post.

I usually don't post a thread asking 'how to' questions because I always find it over the net. I got my Wiimote recently for the purpose of using it as a MIDI controller on TSP through Osculator.

What's happening:
- Wii mote is connecting to Osculator
- As I got to Parameters > I / O > Select active MIDI Inputs, I find 'Traktor Virtual Output'
- ... under Select active MIDI Outputs, I find 'Traktor Virtual Input'

I don't know if this has anything to do with how it's supposed to function but ideally:
- I want Traktor to detect my Wiimote and have it function as a MIDI controller (just like my iPhone, X1 and Nanopad)

I see a lot of threads asking how to assign certain presets to buttons and stuff but nothing about how to actually connect the Wiimote through Osculator to Traktor Scratch Pro.

I was also wondering if there are any .tsi mappings for the Wiimote for TSP so then I can start of from there if it works fine.

I hope someone can help me out as I got a gig at the end of this coming month and I would love to impress my crowd with the Wiimote.

Thank you for your time
Peace x

camille
02-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Hi Sam!

Welcome on this forum, and sorry for the late answer.

The way you configure MIDI in the Parameters Window (I/O tab) sounds fine to me, but I rather recommend you go in Traktor's preferences, and select "OSCulator Out" as an input. This way you will not have to reconfigure OSCulator every time you start a new document.

I am not sure wether you will be able to find any .tsi files ready-made for the Wiimote and Traktor, but you should be able to roll on your own rather easily.
The first thing you can try is simply assign a MIDI CC (Control Change) to one of the parameters coming out of the Wiimote.

To start simply, pick a button (for example /wii/1/button/B, which is the trigger button), and assign MIDI CC 0.
In Traktor, in the MIDI preferences dialog I think it is possible to select a parameter and learn a MIDI CC mapping. I can't tell exactly what are the steps to do that but it is described in TSP's manual.

If you need further details on how to map a MIDI Control Change in Traktor, please let me know and I'll do some further research on that subject. Traktor seems to be a very popular software, and I don't mind trying out the software myself, and write a small tutorial on this, although I am very busy these days working on a new version of OSCulator.

Best,
Cam

Osman GayaTree SoundVibes
09-10-2012, 06:43 AM
Hi,guys ! Good topic ! Im going to buy a Wii remote to control Traktor Pro and i have been searching internet for TSI file ,may be somebody already done it and want to share his mapping with us :) Im bassicly looking for FX units on Wiimote to use in on Traktor Pro ! Thanx for ur support !