OSCulator + SonicLife + Ableton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator + SonicLife + Ableton

I'm wondering if someone can help me set up Sonic Life with Ableton. I've been able to get the SonicLife-MIDI-Note script to work, but I can't figure out how the SonicLife-MIDI-CC script is supposed to function. How do I map samples in Ableton so that they trigger in SonicLife. I'm using the latest scripts included with OSCulator.

Hello rabidkoala,

SonicLife only sends 0 and 1 values. When used with MIDI control changes, it will produce message with a value of 0 or 127.

I think the CC version is more useful to change the state of an effect, while the Note version can be used to trigger samples. You can also mix the events and send Notes for some of the incoming messages and MIDI CC for others.

Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
      Hello rabidkoala,

SonicLife only sends 0 and 1 values. When used with MIDI control changes, it will produce message with a value of 0 or 127.

I think the CC version is more useful to change the state of an effect, while the Note version can be used to trigger samples. You can also mix the events and send Notes for some of the incoming messages and MIDI CC for others.

Cam
      Wow, that makes a lot more sense to me now. Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
      X