X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to create a new layout for traktor

Hi there,
    i just donwloaded the soft and some traktor layouts for touch osc
    i was wondering if is there a guide in the forum on how to create layouts from scratch using the touch osc editor and osculator.
    thanks

Hello AshyLarry,

I'm sorry, I have no guide on how to make a layout form scratch with TouchOSC. TouchOSC's manual is a bit sparse, but the editor is easy to use : you put the controls the way you want, and in OSCulator map the message they produce to events (for example a MIDI Control Change).

It is important to go step by step. I would recommend you start with ane built-in layout (Beatmachine or Simple), and start mapping events in OSCulator. Since you are using Traktor, you will want to learn how to map MIDI messages to Traktor events. This is explained in Traktor manual at page 127.

When you are satisfied with the configuration you have made in Traktor, I would suggest you save it to a tsi file. This file describes the MIDI mappings you have configured. This way, if you decide to use the same mappings for another project, you just have to load the tsi file and you are done. This is also very useful when you want to share your settings with other users.

If you have more questions, feel free to ask here!

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X