Osculator crashing on mac?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator crashing on mac?

Hey guys! I've been using osculator with ableton live on a mac with 10.5 with absolutely no problem. However, on my newest laptop with 10.6 (the latest upgrade on the OS and on osculator), when I open Osculator it freezes and I have to restart the computer. Is this a known issue or could something else be wrong?

Thanks!
    Derek

Hey Derek,

Are you saying that your computer freezes completely?
    This is not normal, but I can tell you that it is not (and can not be) caused by OSCulator.

This is a know problem about newest MacBook Pros, I discussed here:

The latest update 10.6.7 seem to be better, but I still get freezes for example when using Skype with screen sharing.

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

I wanted to add that the problem I described might not be totally related to your specific problem. But what I am sure about is that if you need to restart your computer after launching OSCulator, then there is an issue with the computer or system.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
        I wanted to add that the problem I described might not be totally related to your specific problem. But what I am sure about is that if you need to restart your computer after launching OSCulator, then there is an issue with the computer or system.
        I am running mac os x 10.7.3, and I have the same problem - neither Osculator 2.11 or 2.12 beta will open. They crash immediately upon opening. I've tried reinstalling osculator several times, and I can't even do that without restarting first. the message I get is that the file info.plist is in use. It's not a problem with a particular file or controller connection - I literally can't even open the program at all without it crashing. What should I try?

Aleksei

Comment

Hi Aleksei,

I am sorry but I have not heard of this issue before. It seems there is something dealing with your operating system. Maybe you can try to repair your disk's permissions. To do this open the Disk Utility application in the /Applications/Utilities folder. Then select the boot hard drive, an click repair disk permissions.

Another option would to reinstall your system (was a previous update from Snow Leopard?)

Best Regards,
          Camille

Comment

I've just noticed that on Lion, when you try to replace the "OSCulator ƒ" folder in Applications without first putting the old one in the trash, you get the "Info.plist is in use" error.

When this error occurs, the application has been half installed, because some parts are newer and some other parts are still from the old folder.

The solution is to put the old folder in the trash first, and then copy the new one in Applications

This problem seems related to Lion 10.7.3, see this post for more info:
            Last edited by camille; 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X