PDA

View Full Version : Problem with Variables

Ionas_Elate
05-10-2011, 01:29 PM
Hi!

I want to do the following thing, but I don´t know how to realize it:

I´ve got the complete FX selection of traktor mapped to buttons that directly change them to the effect i chose.
For the chained FX (3 slots to get filled) i created a 3 modifier buttons in traktor.
if button 1 is pressed mod ->1, 2 mod->2, 3 mod->3.
And when i then press "delay" bank 1, 2 or 3 gets the delay effect.

Thats all working but here´s what i try to do:

I created some labels with TouchOSC to see on my iPad which effect is loaded.
For the advanced effect it´s no problem because there is only one label and i can assign the effect buttons directly to send out the command "delay" to the label.
But when i´ve got three labels but only one matrix where the effects are loaded from i´m screwed for now.

I need to do that:

when the buttons for the selection have been pushed a variable must be set to 1, 2 or 3. Depending of which variable is active the Signal shall be sent to label 1, 2 or 3.
How can i do that?

Thank you!

Ionas_Elate
05-10-2011, 02:22 PM
Just read about Presets.
Do you think that´s a good way to do that?
The three buttons activate three presets.
on each preset the signal will be sent to the specific target.

you agree?

camille
05-10-2011, 04:31 PM
Hey Ionas,

The preset solution might be fine, but there is a drawback: when you create a preset you must maintain your settings in each presets. That means that if you change one preset, then you are doomed to change them all.

The variable solution is a good idea, unfortunately I have found that there was a bug in the Variable event.

I have uploaded a new beta version with a lot of changes, here: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threads/1410-OSCulator-2.11-beta8?p=6447&viewfull=1#post6447

The Sample Library folder contains an example called "Selective Result" that answers your question using Variables, OSC Routings, and Demultiplexed arguments. I attach the example in this thread as a reference, please bear in mind that it is only compatible with the newest version of OSCulator (2.11-beta8).

Cheers,
Cam

Ionas_Elate
05-10-2011, 10:39 PM
your link is invalid … :-)
thanks for your reply!

camille
05-10-2011, 10:53 PM
Are you sure?
Just tried and it works fine :)
Anyway, it's in the Beta section of this forum.

camille
05-10-2011, 11:22 PM
ok sorry, I thought you were referring to the link in this topic.
it is fixed now, you can try again.

Ionas_Elate
05-11-2011, 09:22 AM
There´s one thing I´d love to be fixed:
I copied every control that shall be working everytime in every preset and I changed only the specific controls.
I recognized, that when I copied OSC with more than one value (duplicated ones with different values) this won´t be pasted …
PS: I´ll check out the Beta in the afternoon!

Thank you!

camille
05-11-2011, 11:06 AM
Hey Ionas,

I just tried to copy a message with duplicated values, and it seems to work for me.
Would you mind sending me a file that exhibits this problem?
That would be very useful to me.

Best,
Cam

Ionas_Elate
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
No problem!
There you go:

PS: i selected preset 1 (cmd + a) then copied all the marked controls (cmd + c), chose a new preset and pasted them and the duplicated messages were missing …

EDIT: version 2.10.7.1

camille
05-11-2011, 04:56 PM
Thanks for finding this bug!
I will correct that and update the beta (which is also affected).

Ionas_Elate
05-12-2011, 09:19 AM
Don´t thank me!
Let me thank you!
I don´t know any other developer that values feedback as much as you do and is so fast with fixing bugs!
Keep it up!