Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• using perfect pairing or not?

hi -

how do i know if i'm actually using perfect pairing or not?

the "enable perfect pairing extension" box is checked in the inputs panel of the preferences.

i assumed that meant it was working, but i seem to be having trouble with dropped connections, the red bar at the bottom of the screen comes up and i just read that shouldn't happen.

should i ever have to use the apple bluetooth assistant to connect? if i did that (i think i did) should i undo it somehow?

my wiimote's address is:
    00-17-ab-39-19-f7

would be great if i could get a quick answer, my performance starts in three hours!

thanks...

Hey jeffro,

When the Perfect Pairing button is checked, it means it is installed.
    The Bluetooth Preferences Panes will not change anything to the way the Wiimote connects to your computer, no need to use the Bluetooth Assistant.

The Perfect Pairing extension helps you to initiate the connection with (or pair) your Wiimote.
    When PP is not enabled Wiimotes could fail to connect.
    If your have dropped connections with the red error bar, this is another problem, not related to the connection

First, you should check if you have new alkaline batteries in the remote.
    Next, the problem may be related to interferences. Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about it in less than 3 hours, or buy a more powerful bluetooth dongle (see http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...tooth-Adapters).
    Finally, try to stay as close as possible to your computer.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X