Wiimote on OSX 10.7 (Lion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote on OSX 10.7 (Lion)

The wiimote was working fine under Snow Leopard. I just installed the Developer preview 2 of OS X 10.7 (build 11A444d), and now pairing with the wiimote doesn't work at all. I just updated to the latest beta of osculator (2.11.0-9) and the behaviour is the same.
    When pairing the blue B appears but there is no pairing in the end, I had a kernel panic once, but that hasn't happened again.
    I have tested disabling perfect pairing and still the results are the same.

BTW, pairing the wiimote with DarwiinRemote and WiimoteWhiteboard both pair up ok with the wiimote.

Anyone using Lion that has been able to pair up?

dmesg outputs the following:

Can't unload kext net.osculator.driver.OSCulatorIOKit; classes have instances:
    Kext net.osculator.driver.OSCulatorIOKit class net_osculator_driver_OSCulatorHID has 2 instances.
    Kext net.osculator.driver.OSCulatorIOKit class net_osculator_driver_OSCulatorIOResources has 1 instance.
    Resetting IOCatalogue.

[SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x041B] Send request failed (err=0x0012)
    [SendHCIRequestFormatted] ### ERROR: [0x0C37] Send request failed (err=0x0012)

Anyway I can provide further debug information?
    Last edited by controla; 05-13-2011, 10:43 AM. Reason: note about perfect pairing

Hi Controla,

Lion is subjected to NDA, I'm sorry I can't talk about it in a public forum.
    If that's ok with you will can continue this discussion off the forum.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

roger that,

I understand lion is not currently supported for obvious reasons, PM me regarding this issue if there's anything i can do to help.

thanks!

Comment

Hey Controla,

Just a quick message to let your know that I have fixed the problem, and found something that should improve the connection on other versions of Mac OS X as well!

Best,
        Cam

Comment

awesome! just download the latest beta and it works perfectly.
          thanks for your excellent support!

G.

Comment

Where can I actually get that latest beta?
            All I can find is DarwiinRemote version 0.6 (which is allegedly 0.7 ?) and this doesn't seem to want to pair with the wiimote under OS X 10.7.2 :-(

Many thanks in advance,
            d

Comment

It's right here:

Comment

Working...
              X