Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bidirectional question :-)

Hi,

I am using an iPad with touchOSC and the Osculator to control a MaxforLive-patch I wrote, which works great.

The only question which is left: When I am touching a button in Ableton it updates on the iPad immediatly, but when I am using a slider the update is not continuous, it only updates, if I stop moving the fader. Especially I need to have some feedback from a xy-fader in max, because it shows room-coordinates, and these are moving quite a lot.

Any idea?

best wishes
    pyro

Hi Pyro,

That how Live works and I don't think there is a lot you can do.
    But since you are using Max4Live, is there a way you can send the messages directly from your device?

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille,

Thanks anyway for your quick reply.

Yes it is possible to send directly from Max/Msp in Osc. But it is not so easy to automate those parameters in Ableton Live, that's why it is easier to use maxforlive-objects which are made for Ableton (live.x - objects), those are very easy controllable.

Best,
      pyro

Comment

It's weird because I just tried with Live 8.2.1 to map a simple volume control and I can see the feedback is instantaneous. The delayed update you are talking about remind me of older version of Live ; what version are you using?

Comment

Working...
        X