Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osculator and Nodal

Hi,

Im trying to use touchOSC via osculator to trigger things in Nodal (www.csse.monash.edu.au/~cema/nodal/ ) and although I can get it to see midi coming in it doesnt trigger the sequence properly. Although you see the midi come in (the triangle goes from solid to empty) it doesnt start the sequence. I think this is something to do with the way noteon/offs are sent from osculator as nodal stops playing a sequence when it gets a note off.
    Do you know what I can do to get this triggering working properly?

just in addition to this if the sequence is running and you hit the button for the midi note it stops the sequence

Comment

Hi Azathoth,

I confirm that I can't make it work too.
      I have tried with another MIDI source, and it doesn't trigger the sequence.
      Although I have read Nodal's manual (page 23), I have not found what is wrong.
      I guess the problem lies in Nodal.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Hey Camille,

Thanks for testing that for me, i couldnt use another midi controller as all my stuff is being shipped across the world at the moment! Its good to know that its not anything to do with osc but nodal itself. Ive posted on the nodal discussion group so if theres a workaround to fix it i'll post it here incase anyone else runs into this problem

T

Comment

Working...
        X