Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time bar on Osculator

Hi,

i would like to see the time bar on my custom layout but, even i put a fader as a time bar, i don't know how setup Osculator.

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot

P.S.
    please send answer to my address : email removed
    Last edited by camille; 05-30-2011, 12:09 AM.

Hello Danilo,

Sorry but I had to remove your email to protect your privacy against spam, and because I would like to keep this forum a collaborative place so other users can enjoy reading solutions to problems they may have too.

So here is an example of how you could achieve displaying the timeline as a fader in TouchOSC via OSCulator (see attached files). I have used the Beatmachine layout in TouchOSC for simplicity, but you can of course customize the file to adapt it to your need.

Here is how it works:
    - Make sure OSCulator is launched
    - In Live, create a MIDI track and make it output to OSCulator In.
    - Create an empty MIDI clip on that track that spans the length of your song.
    - Edit that clip and create an automation that goes from 0 to 127 across all the length of the clip.
    - Hit play, this will send MIDI messages to OSCulator.
    - In OSCulator, assign a OSC Routing event to that message. This OSC Routing should send messages to /1/fader1 (or any other address you have chosen for your fader).

When you play your song in Live, the fader will change as the song progresses.

Best,
    Cam
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Camille,
      thanks for your answer. I will try what you said but i'm not sure because i work only with audio tracks, not midi. If i understand, i have to create one midi track and from there send midi messages to osculator... I think is too hard for me :-)))...
      I will check also the attachment and i will tell you later...

Just one more think... Osculator is the best !!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
      Do you know how LiveControl is working? The automap is incredible!!

Comment

Working...
      X