PDA

View Full Version : Time bar on Osculator

danilo_amato76
05-29-2011, 07:01 PM
Hi,

i would like to see the time bar on my custom layout but, even i put a fader as a time bar, i don't know how setup Osculator.

Someone can help me?

Thanks a lot

P.S.
please send answer to my address : email removed

camille
05-29-2011, 11:24 PM
Hello Danilo,

Sorry but I had to remove your email to protect your privacy against spam, and because I would like to keep this forum a collaborative place so other users can enjoy reading solutions to problems they may have too.

So here is an example of how you could achieve displaying the timeline as a fader in TouchOSC via OSCulator (see attached files). I have used the Beatmachine layout in TouchOSC for simplicity, but you can of course customize the file to adapt it to your need.

Here is how it works:
- Make sure OSCulator is launched
- In Live, create a MIDI track and make it output to OSCulator In.
- Create an empty MIDI clip on that track that spans the length of your song.
- Edit that clip and create an automation that goes from 0 to 127 across all the length of the clip.
- Hit play, this will send MIDI messages to OSCulator.
- In OSCulator, assign a OSC Routing event to that message. This OSC Routing should send messages to /1/fader1 (or any other address you have chosen for your fader).

When you play your song in Live, the fader will change as the song progresses.

Best,
Cam

danilo_amato76
05-30-2011, 08:46 AM
Hi Camille,
thanks for your answer. I will try what you said but i'm not sure because i work only with audio tracks, not midi. If i understand, i have to create one midi track and from there send midi messages to osculator... I think is too hard for me :-)))...
I will check also the attachment and i will tell you later...

Just one more think... Osculator is the best !!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.
Do you know how LiveControl is working? The automap is incredible!!