Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 wii sometimes deconnection

hi

for a music/dance project i used 3 wiimote whose send via osc on Max/msp.
    the 3 connect with no problem but on the run, sometimes one or two disconnect.
    also, sometimes look like connect (green icon) but i don't receive it on max.
    i used a 2.10.6.2 version of osculator, a 5.1.7 version of max/msp, my cumputer is a macbookpro with osx10.5.8.
    do you have any suggestion ?
    thanks
    best
    0-0

Salut Florent,

I am not exactly sure to understand why you lose data from one Wiimote.

Regarding the bluetooth connection of the Wiimote, there are two ways to have a Wiimote disconnected:
    1. lose the signal by being out of range
    2. or going out of batteries

That is, once a Wiimote is connected there is no reason for it to be disconnected.

When you suspect a Wiimote to be disconnected, the best thing to do it to open a Quick Look window on a Wiimote message (for example, select the /wii/1/button/A message, hit the space bar and press the button A on the Wiimote) and see if there is a signal. If you see the green check sign (Wiimote is connected) and signal in the Quick Look window, then the problem lies after OSCulator.

I would suggest you try the latest beta version (here), because it has an improved Wiimote connection method.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

hi Camille

thanks for your answer... problem don't come to the 1 and 2 suggest.... but i think from bluetooth on my cumputer. i have try with one wii by cumputer with three cumputer (connect and sent data with local network on my cumputer) and all run good....
      i tryed beta version on the next rehearshal, begin september...
      best
      f

Comment

Working...
      X