Wii removed d pad as mouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii removed d pad as mouse

HiJust wondering if anyone knows away of using the d pad to control the mouse. I've tried using the mouse controls already but there not working right. If I apply one it moves but then moves back to the side of the screen and the other only moves to the side of the screen. I thought maybe writing an AppleScript but have no idea of how to write that.So any help?Cheers

Hi,

The D-Pad is not really well suited to moving the mouse because it only sends discrete events (on/off).
    It would require new mouse events to process discrete events.
    I will take it as a suggestion and try to implement that for the next release.

Cheers,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks, I'm just wondering whether there an easy way with applescript, like to say when D-pad right is pressed move mouse position right by so much and the for left you just subtract that amount

Comment

Unfortunately, this would not work with AppleScripts since they are only triggered once. You can not tell for how long a button is pressed with an AppleScript triggered in OSCulator.

Comment

alright, cheers

Is it possible to use the joystick on the classic controller instead?

thanks

Comment

Hey SlightlyGrim,

I've toyed with OSCulator a bit and here is a solution to control the mouse with the D-Pad.
            If you want modifications on this first attempt, please let me know.
            You can adjust the mouse speed in the preferences, last tab.

You can also control the mouse with the joystick of a classic controller.

Best,
            Cam
            Attached Files
            Last edited by camille; 07-13-2011, 11:57 AM.

Comment

That greats just what I was after

thanks

Comment

Working...
              X