Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sticky inputs on WiiMote.

Hi,

I am seriously considering buying OSCulator for the express purpose of playing arcade style games on my iMac. At the moment however it is not working well enough. I loaded up the game VVVVVV and mapped the correct inputs, but during the game there are two problems; Buttons will become 'sticky' until I press the sticky button again and some buttons will be completely unresponsive. This is very frustrating in platform style games where precise movements are necessary. Maybe I shouldn't be using OSCulator?

I have a Late 2009 27" iMac running OS X 10.7. I am demoing the new 2.11.0-beta14.

Thanks,
    Matthew

Does anyone have any recommendations? Should I try different software on OS X to use the WiiMote for arcade gaming?

Comment

Hey srmatto,

I am downloading VVVVVV at this time and will tell you if I find anything wrong.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

I am not sure how you configured your Wiimote's buttons, but I have found that using Keycodes was working well.
        Here is a configuration file that you can try.
        Please let me know if that works for you or if I can help you further.

By the way VVVVVV is fun!

Best,
        Cam
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          I am not sure how you configured your Wiimote's buttons, but I have found that using Keycodes was working well.
          Here is a configuration file that you can try.
          Please let me know if that works for you or if I can help you further.

By the way VVVVVV is fun!

Best,
          Cam
          Thanks! That seems to have fixed it. I tried using the mapping function in Osculator instead of using the key codes that you used. Is there a list of these keys somewhere for future reference? It is a really fun game, it's really addicting yet incredibly frustrating and challenging at times.

Here is one reference I found.
          Last edited by srmatto; 08-28-2011, 06:55 AM. Reason: Added reference URL

Comment

Absolutely, look in the Window menu and choose Keycode Helper, or Command-K.

Comment

Working...
            X