WiiMote + MotionPlus Extension Cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WiiMote + MotionPlus Extension Cable

I have a WiiMote and a MotionPlus that I extended by stripping the wires, removing the housing, and connecting the two. That they typically work together isn't a problem in my application; I'm trying to attach the MotionPlus to the wrist of a human and the WiiMote to the chest of the same person. The MotionPlus can measure changes in roll/pitch which is all I generally care about, while the WiiMote simply acts as the sending unit (though accelerometer data is a nice bonus). This is used to help understand the baseball pitching motion.

I have this working with some software for this:

http://ezio.ovh.org/index.php?slab=g-force-analyzer-v3.1

H
    owever, I've run into a problem: The wires have torn between the MP and the WiiMote, at the attachment near the WiiMote!

Does anyone have some decent ideas on how to secure the wires or reduce the stress near the attachment? Maybe placing an anchor on the body between the attachments would create permanent slack near the WiiMote?

Thanks for all your help.

Hi there
    may I ask you how do you record roll and pitch (and also yaw, if possible) using the g-force analyzer? I can record only the deg/s of each axis of the motion plus, but I'm interested in the angle of roll, pitch and yaw.
    Thank you

F.

Comment

Working...
    X