Random motion+ wii disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random motion+ wii disconnects

I just bought a new motion Plus wii after using an old one successfully for a long time. The new one keeps on disconnecting between 10sec and a few mins of connection to OSCulator.

I have tried downloading the beta OSCulator, installing brand new batteries and making a new template and just connecting the new Wii. None of these helped the situation.

the Address for the problem controller is: 00-17-ab-39-71-8e

interestingly in the bluetooth preference pane the product id for this device is shown as 0x0000 and the vendor id as 0xFFFF is this odd?

Also the battery level is showing: 89% with fresh batteries - the same ones show 100% in the old Wii.

Any help would be appreciated,

John.

Hi John,

Thank you for this detailed report.

The controller address you gave has been supported since a long time.
    And yes, the vendor and product ids are not normal at all.

Have you bought a new Wiimote or just the Motion Plus extension?
    Maybe you could try to remove the device from the Bluetooth Preferences Pane and see if the pairaing occurs normally then.

Sorry, I can't seem to understand the cause of the problem.

atb,
    Cam

Comment

Hi Camille, thanks for you quick reply, the product is a blue Wii controller which says "Wii MotionPlus INSIDE" on the case.

I removed the device from the Preferences Pane but it has had no affect on the problem. The Wii pairs just fine but the connection is lost (the light goes out on the Wii and OSCulator looses the connection) between 10sec and 2mins later.

Maybe i'll have to send it back to the seller.

best,

John.

Comment

This is strange but it really look like the batteries are not charged enough, or the wireless connection is lost because of a weak signal.

Usually, disconnections are only caused by these two factors.
        In fact, once the connection is established, the remote should work without interruption.

I have a blue Wiimote with the MotionPlus extension included, and I did not experienced these problems.

Comment

Thanks Cam, I'm think there is something wrong with the Wii, The batteries are brand new (showing 1.49 v each on the multi-meter) and the Wii is sitting on the desk right next to the laptop. The connection is dropped often (but not each time) i move the Wii slightly so I'm guessing there is a loose connection inside somewhere - don't want to open it up and void the warranty so I'm going to send it back.

I want to say a massive thanks for your help with this problem, your software has been such a great help with my live shows for a long time now. In fact I'll be doing a feature on the Wii for my website soon and I'll be sure to mention your amazing customer service skills.

All the best,

John.

Comment

Thank you John.
            Don't hesitate to let us know if the Wiimote was faulty.

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
              Thank you John.
              Don't hesitate to let us know if the Wiimote was faulty.
              Yes it was! I think it may actually have been a fake. The Amazon trader took it back and I'm waiting for a refund.

Anyway I bought 2 wii's from a big name UK electronics store and they work perfectly.

Cheers,

John.

Comment

Working...
              X