Clip launcher in Ableton Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clip launcher in Ableton Live

Hi guys. I'm quite new here. I've been working on TouchOSC + Osculator + LiveOSC + Live for weeks. I've made a 8x8 grid to work as my launcher but it was normal MIDI mapping not using LiveOSC. Now I need a 8x8 grid that can navigate through my series of track and scene. I tried LiveControl and it worked just fine but I want to create my own TouchOSC template to suit my playing style. I know it has something to do with /live/selection but I have no idea how to do this. Please help. Thank you.

Someone please move this thread to Mobile Apps. I think I posted in the wrong sub-forum.
    Last edited by Rezzell; 08-31-2011, 08:03 AM. Reason: Wrong sub-forum post

I would really like to be able to move the clip grid as well =)

Comment

Rezzell,

I've been researching this since I replied and it turns out it's extremely difficult to do. In order to achieve a moveable clip grid from TouchOSC and an iPad/iPod, it would require changes to the Python script (which is what LiveControl did). As this is far out of my area of expertise, I'm afraid we'll have to wait for some kind soul to figure it out and share.

There are other options using Max patches to hijack the handshake of a controller with the python script already written (such as the APC 40) but that would require you to have the controller plugged in to use TouchOSC in a somewhat similar capacity.

Regards,

Kid M

Comment

Working...
      X