Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can i send controller changes from a Midicontroller to my iPad with TouchOSC??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can i send controller changes from a Midicontroller to my iPad with TouchOSC??

I am using TouchOSC on my iPad and a Bitstream Midicontroller...

When only the iPad is used the faders on my iPad change when i change them with my mouse in Ableton...

As soon i connect my Bitstream that doesn´t work anymore...
    And also when i move a fader that is also in my programming on the iPad the fader on the iPad doesn´t change position...

Is there a chance they can work together???

I have some faders with the same Midi-CC on the bitstream AND iPad...

When i move the fader on my Bitstream Midi-Controller i want the fader on the iPad to go to the same position...

How can i do that???

Hi function00,

I have made a test with TouchOSC, OSCulator and another device that controls a volume fader in Live and it seems to works as expected.

It should work rather simply: OSCulator takes care of sending data back and forth between the iPad and Live. When a change is made in Live it is broadcaster to every controller. This means that Live is making the "sync" between all controllers, and that there is nothing you should do to make it happen.

You say that when you connect your Bitstream it does not work anymore, so I believe that something is changing in Live's configuration that would stop Live from sending the changes to every controllers.

It would be useful to see Live's MIDI preferences when the Bitstream is connected (you can upload a screenshot on the forum so we can have a look).

Now, the test I have done only involves generic MIDI devices, and I guess that the Bitstream is connected as a control surface so maybe the problem comes from the fact that Live does not keep in sync devices that are control surfaces. I'm sorry I can't give you more help, perhaps with some more details I could be able to find something else...

Best,
    Cam

Comment

function00,

Did you check to see if both Track and Remote are activated in Ableton preferences for the input/outputs of your controllers?

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
        Hi function00,

I have made a test with TouchOSC, OSCulator and another device that controls a volume fader in Live and it seems to works as expected.

It should work rather simply: OSCulator takes care of sending data back and forth between the iPad and Live. When a change is made in Live it is broadcaster to every controller. This means that Live is making the "sync" between all controllers, and that there is nothing you should do to make it happen.

You say that when you connect your Bitstream it does not work anymore, so I believe that something is changing in Live's configuration that would stop Live from sending the changes to every controllers.

It would be useful to see Live's MIDI preferences when the Bitstream is connected (you can upload a screenshot on the forum so we can have a look).

Now, the test I have done only involves generic MIDI devices, and I guess that the Bitstream is connected as a control surface so maybe the problem comes from the fact that Live does not keep in sync devices that are control surfaces. I'm sorry I can't give you more help, perhaps with some more details I could be able to find something else...

Best,
        Cam
        oh ,i also want to ask this question ,thank u

Comment

Working...
        X