Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discovery mode?

Hi Camille -

I've been using Osculator for a while now and really love it. Thanks for all the work you've done. My question is regarding the 'Start/Stop Discovery' button. Is it ok to let Osculator stay in discovery mode? Should this be turned off once the Wii-mote is connected? Does it matter?

I've been having issues keeping the (2) Wii-motes connected. It seems that if they are inactive for a period of time they disconnect and go to sleep. This happens while I'm working in my studio so range is not an issue. The batteries are at 90% or greater so it is not a power issue either. I'm trying to troubleshoot this as I am an Intermedia Artist and am writing a few pieces for Wii-motes and dancers. My fear is that they will act up during a performance. My show will be about 70 minutes long and the Wii-motes are not used during the entire show. So I need them to stay connected.

I just downloaded the 2.11 beta and it seems to be working much better. Perhaps the issue was software? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Steve

Hi Steve,

Is it ok to let Osculator stay in discovery mode? Should this be turned off once the Wii-mote is connected? Does it matter?
    • It is not a problem to leave discovery running, however technical docs explain that the discovery process adds a little overhead to the bluetooth radio. Given the way the Wiimote works (not audio signal), I think it is not a problem.
    • The discovery process stops automatically after a successful connection, unless you have the option "Continue discovery after a connection" turned on.
    As I explained in this post, Wiimote disconnect happen only when the batteries are low or when the radio signal is weak or noisy. FYI, ersion 2.11 fixes a bug in the Wiimote connection process, and makes it better for all platforms; it only deals with the inital stages of the connection, not during use.

Bluetooth adapters on the Mac are not very powerful in terms of signal, maybe you want to see if the bluetooth signal can be enhanced by using an adapter that has a dedicated antenna.

I would you like to have a look at your Wiimote's bluetooth addresses. Can you please check that for me? You can find the information in the table at the top of the Wiimote drawer.

Best,
    Camille

Comment

Working...
    X