Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiimote Plus MidiNote Trigger by Angular Velocity in both directions

Hi there,

As titled, I am trying to map midi note to the angular velocity of a Wiimote Plus controller. I am getting expected response (note on) on the positive side, but not on the negative side.

Here is my setup. As the acquired angular velocity data is approximately from -1 to 1. I split each axis into 2 and the input range is set from 0 to 1 and -1 to 0 respectively. Logically I think osculator would produce a note on whenever the input goes beyond 0.5 for the positive side, and -0.5 on the negative side. Instead, what I can get is a note off on the negative side, according to the Logic Pro MIDI input display near the transport.

Is my setting wrong or I cannot do that with the current version of osculator? My version is 2.10.7.1. Pls find my attachment of osculator project file for your reference.

Thanks,
    Terence

Wiimote.oscd

Hi Terence,

Could you please tell me what version of OSCulator you are using?
    I am currently suspecting a bug in the way events are triggered.

Best,
    Cam
    Last edited by camille; 11-28-2011, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Could you please try with the latest beta and the attached example file?

To download the latest beta (2.11-beta26):

Thanks!!!
      Attached Files

Comment

With the project file you provided I can successfully get the job done with both the beta and the stable releases. And based on it I modified my original project file and it is successful too.

Thanks very much.

Comment

Working...
        X