Can no longer connect to Wiimotes on Lion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can no longer connect to Wiimotes on Lion

On Mac OS X 10.7 Lion, Osculator stopped being able to connect to my Wiimotes completely. When I try to connect a Wiimote, I get the following result in the logfiles:

Dec 5 11:25:16 antares [0x0-0x2ea2ea].net.osculator.OSCulator[13744]: control connection: (iokit/common) exclusive access and device already open
    Dec 5 11:25:16 antares [0x0-0x2ea2ea].net.osculator.OSCulator[13744]: connect: (iokit/common) exclusive access and device already open
    Dec 5 11:25:16 antares OSCulator[13744]: Error while connecting Wiimote: (iokit/common) exclusive access and device already open

It's the same on my MacBook Air as on an iMac. What's wrong?

Tim

Is there by any chance a Wii console nearby?

Comment

Yes, I have one. What should I try to do? All those Wiimotes I use (four of them) worked fine before I upgraded to Lion.

Comment

If you have one, make sure it is not in range, it could pick-up the Wiimote's signal.

And sorry, I did not see that you were on Lion, please have a look at this:
        http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ease-read-this!

The beta has been officially released yesterday, so you can go here:
        Links your controllers to your favorite music and video software. Works with Nintendo Wiimote, iPhone and more.

and download the stable version.

Comment

Okay, so there was a known bug. I will test the new version asap.

My Wii console was definitely not the reason of my connection problems - it's on the other side of the street - switched off

Comment

Ah ah, alright!

Comment

So I tried the new version. Had to reboot the system after installation as Osculator seemed to be able to kick out the old extension properly (log message: "/tmp/OSCulator.IOKit.kext failed to load - (libkern/kext) different version/uuid already loaded; check the system/kernel logs for errors or try kextutil(8)")

After a reboot, everything came up fine and I could indeed pair some of my Wiimotes - but neither reliably nor repeatedly. Sometimes I had to just try again, then nothing works at all. Everything is very flaky. I have seen this behavior every now and then on 10.6 before - but now it's slightly worse.

In addition, OSCulator seems to be completely ignoring the "Continue discovery after a connection" setting. I have to manually restart discovery for every Wiimote. Very annoying as I am always working with four Wiimotes at the same time. The "Start discovery at launch"

My setup is pretty unusable in that state. If I can help with logfiles or other stuff let me know.

Comment

This is correct, I can reproduce the fact that the application does not relaunch the discovery process after a Wiimote is connected. I will fix that and let you know quickly.

Regarding the connection issues: I am pretty sure that the Perfect Pairing extension has not been installed properly.

Could you please try those following two things:
                - in a Terminal window run: kextstat | grep OSCulator
                - uninstall and install the Perfect Pairing extension again

I will come back to you in a short while.

Best,
                Cam

Comment

Working...
                X