Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSCulator and wireless-g

Hello,

I'm running OSX 10.7.2 on a mid 2011 MacBook Air running OSCulator 2.11-beta26 and have an original Wiimote. I have a very simple setup--I'm only using the Wiimote as a bluetooth remote control for controlling the volume while listening to streaming radio.

The software works beautifully, however I have observed what I think is interference with the wireless connection between the MacBook and a wireless-g access point. I have observed the same behavior at different times when connected to two different wireless-g access points: one at home and one at work.

1. MacBook is connected to the wireless access point and is streaming radio from the internet; internet browsing works fine; OSCulator is not running.
    2. I launch OSCulator and pair with the Wiimote, which happens flawlessly.
    3. I use the Wiimote, and everything works correctly.
    4. At some time in the future (usually a matter of minutes) my internet connection seems to drop out (streaming radio stops, web browser cannot load any web pages at all).
    5. I close OSCulator.
    6. Internet appears to return almost immediately (streaming radio comes back; internet browsing works again).

I have observed this behavior both with the "Perfect Pairing" extension enabled and disabled.

I think this is a great product and would like to find a solution or workaround to this problem. Has anyone else encountered this, and is there a solution?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have already noticed this problem sometimes but can't tell for sure why it is happening. However, I can tell that OSCulator does not deal with the network configuration at any time, so I guess that the problem comes from the bluetooth driver.

Just an intuition: perhaps you could check if you have a Bluetooth PAN network set up in the Network Preferences Pane, maybe that connecting a bluetooth device kicks in the Bluetooth network, and therefore stops Airport momentarily.

I did a search about this issue on Google and compiled different links that could be useful to you:
    Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X