Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redefining the wiimote messages - is this possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redefining the wiimote messages - is this possible?

Hey,
    I was wondering if it was possible to redefine/rename the osc routing message outgoing for the wiimote for different functions for example say different presets. I am trying to maximize the utility of the wiimote in my vjing and have been using the presets to manipulate the ability of the wiimote motions messages to sync to various effects on the program. Right now the program doesn't allow you to use midi/osc to control the enable/disable of syncing to devices so in order to get more utility if I could send the message as a different name on a different preset this would increase utility. I wasn't sure if this is possible or a feature that could be considered.
    Thanks,
    George

Hi George,

What is(are) the Wiimote target device(s)?

Best,
    Cam

Comment

I am using the wiimote from osculator to control effects in the program VDMX. I use the feed of the yaw, roll, and pitch to control a couple properties of certain effects on the fly. In previous version of the program the ability to sync midi/osc devices you could control with another midi so I could use the buttons on the wiimote to turn the sync on and off as necessary for various effects. However in the newer version this is not currently possible so I have to change between presets on osculator to control the effects and use my midi controller to control which effects current receive input.

Comment

I am sorry George, but I don't understand the feature you are referring to. You say that something was possible in previous version, but what is it exactly or why couldn't you use it anymore?

Here is a possible solution, based on what you described:
        If you are using OSC to control VDMX, it is easy to change the address of the OSC message you are sending. You can define a custom OSC Routing, and change the rewrite address. Please see chapter "OSC Routing" (page 36) of the OSCulator Manual to know more about OSC Routing and the rewrite address option.

You can then use Presets to use different route the Wiimote's message to different addresses, based on the currently active Preset. This works exactly like using different MIDI CC in different presets, but with OSC messages.

Best Regards,
        Camille

Comment

The feature was in VDMX not osculator - I think you answered what I was asking in that yes its possible
          Thank you so much.

Comment

Working...
          X