Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fade increase/decrease messages through a button?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fade increase/decrease messages through a button?

Hello dear Osculator forum, i hope you all had a good new years eve and that 2012 will bring you a lot of great opportunities for you

I have a short question to make.

is there any way to make a button increase a fader value, in tractor you can set a button to "increase" a value, then you set the speed of it.

What i want to do is to have a button fading upwards or downwards through a button, so for example /Push1 increases the volume of a track whilst /push2 decreases it.
    It would be great if i can set the values for it as well, but anything close to it works well enough for what i am about to do in my next project.

using a regular fader/knob is out of question, as i want things to decrease/increase while i hold down a button.

If anyone know's a solution within oscillator itself, please don't hesitate to post it here

thank you for your help and support

All the best
    Drakenberg
    Johannes Drakenberg - Artist
    - Facebook - Soundcloud - Tour Dates - Youtube -

Just to mention, if the only thing possible is to automate a fadercurve, that's all right as well

And another side question, how heavy is enabling/disabling messages in oscillator, that is if you run 1 iPad, 2 wii motes, in and outs of tractor as well as sends to another computer?

cheers

Comment

Hi Johannes,

I wish you a happy new year as well, lots of good stuff ahead

is there any way to make a button increase a fader value, in tractor you can set a button to "increase" a value, then you set the speed of it.
      It is not possible to increase or decrease a control's value with OSCulator at the moment.
      However, this is something you can in Logic, Traktor, and of course Max/MSP, PureData, etc.

Funnily enough, there has been a recent conversation about this subject applied for Logic:

And another side question, how heavy is enabling/disabling messages in oscillator, that is if you run 1 iPad, 2 wii motes, in and outs of tractor as well as sends to another computer?
      It shouldn't be a problem, usually the load is at the level of the DAW software (Live, Logic ...), OSCulator remains very light.

Best,
      Cam

Comment

Aaah i see i see, Shame it's not possible the midi way. I found a module that will fade layers for me at a press of a button, it will do for now. (program i am using this for = modul8)

Feature suggest? Surely wouldn't hurt to have it implemented

Thank you once again for your wonderful and fast support, cheers

Drakenberg

Comment

Working...
        X