Wii Remote Mapping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wii Remote Mapping Question

Thank you so much for your program. This will be incredible for my live show. I purchased the program last night and almost didn't go to bed I am so excited!

I have a question about mapping. I have been semi successful in mapping my wii controller. For instance, I am able to launch scenes by flicking the remote and turn on the beat repeat device with the b button. I have also mapp the up and down to scroll between scenes and the left and right to scroll between devices. My question is, can you scroll between effect devices in Ableton Live 8 and using the same button, for example use the A button to turn on and off different devices?

For example I want to turn on reverb and then scroll over and turn on the delay device at a different point in my set. Is there a way to map that functionality in Ableton? I haven't found much on this looking at the forums and youtube. Also I know you can launch scenes by mapping it to the launch scene button in ableton. Is there a way to scroll through individual clips and launch them using the same button (single clip launch)?

Also, is there a way to have use the LEDs to create different functions for the A and B buttons as well as all other controls on the wii. For example, LED 1 contains mapping of clip launching while when you turn LED 2 on, you have a blank slat and could potentially map device effects turning things on and off? I didnt know if this is possible and if so, how? I would love to learn and then make a youtube teaching others the same thing.

Thank you for your time!

Tommy Murfee

Hi Murfee!

Thank you for the nice words, much appreciated.

I'm sorry I can not give you an answer for the first question. I had a look at the LiveAPI as a potential solution, but I'm unsure if it is possible to select a device (effect) and scroll through them. Live also has a underrated feature, the UserConfiguration.txt file which allows you to use MIDI CCs in order to emulate a control surface. This may be what you need, more info here:
    http://createdigitalmusic.com/2009/0...eries-control/

http://www.intuitivebeats.com/tag/ko...iguration-txt/

For the second question, this may not be exactly what you need, but you can try to use Presets. Currently, Presets have the limitation that only one can be active at any time, but if you copy your common configuration accross all presets, you could achieve what you described. Make sure you turn on "Synchronize preset number with Wiimote's LED". You can then use buttons to scroll through presets and assign different functions to them.

I hope this helps.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Working...
    X