Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bluetooth problem

Hi everybody

First of all I apologize for my bad english speaking and understanding .... so it's difficult for me (it takes a so long time ) to make a search about my problem.

My computer is a White Mac Book from 2009, with Snow Leopard 10.6
    Osculator version : 2.9.5

When I use Wiimotes with LIVE 8, I have very often a problem about the bluetooth which disconnects.
    So I must restart the computer with alt + CMD + P + R, but it doesn't result the problem in a definitive way.

Could it be a solution to use an external Bluetooth device please ?

Thanks so much for helping.
    Cordially
    zined
    Last edited by zined; 01-14-2012, 03:36 PM.

Hi Zined,

Try upgrading OSCulator to the latest version, and let us know if there are any improvements.
    The version 2.9.5 was released in early 2010.

The fact the the Wiimote disconnects after some time can only be caused by 2 factors:
    1. there is too much interference or the bluetooth signal is too weak (the wiimote is away from the computer).
    2. the Wiimote does not have enough battery power to operate.
    Now, I've had several reports from users with 2009 era MacBook that had to reset the Bluetooth daemon, or use another external adapter. Without your computer it's hard to tell exactly what can be the cause of your problem.

Also, you might want to try resetting the SMC of your computer. Booting with the Command-Alt-P-R chord only resets the nvram which nowadays essentially store non-critical information like the boot partition and the screen resolution.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Thanks so much for helping Camille, it's really very kind of you

I'm going to try a reset of the SMC..... is it free of danger ?

I'm going to try using an external USB/bluetooth devise.

Sincerelly
      zined
      Last edited by zined; 01-14-2012, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Hi Zined,

There is absolutely no problem with resetting the SMC, but as with any maintenance operation make sure you have your computer backed up, and follow the instructions step by step.

Cam

Comment

Originally posted by camille View Post
          but as with any maintenance operation make sure you have your computer backed up, and follow the instructions step by step.
          Hi again Camille
          I've a Carbon Copy Cloner and a Time Machine.

A plus tard
          Denis

Comment

Related discussion: http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...ull=1#post7470
            The OP solved its problem by using an external Bluetooth adapter.

Comment

Working...
            X