Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound after tapping twice with Wiimote

Hello,

This is my first Osculator project. I wanted to use the WiiMote: if I tapped it twice (like -0.50 on the z-axis) in a short time (1 second), then there would be a sound (MIDI or WAV/MP3) from the MacBook.

Hi Ciruitboard,

This is unfortunately not possible at the moment. In order to do more complex triggering, I would suggest you use a tool like PureData in order to process the accelerometer data.

I will keep that in mind for a future release.

Best Regards,
    Camille

Comment

Thank you for your quick reply.

Is it possible if I tap once, instead of twice, that a sound will be played?

Comment

Yes, you can do that for example by assigning a MIDI note and play the MIDI or MP3 in a sequencer like Ableton Live. It might also be possible to launch an AppleScript that plays the MP3, but I don't recommend this option.

Note that the attack detection is not tuned for being used with accelerometers, and therefore it might not be as precise as you wish.
        If you want to adjust the sensitivity, open a Quick Look window by pressing the space bar on the 'z' message and look at the input. Then adjust the settings in the Scalings Page (press Command-F to show the scalings page).

Comment

Can you tell my exactly how to do this. I have a problem with Ableton Live (it has a problem showing MIDI and it's a trial). Have you got any idea have to do this. Like if I got (pitch = 0.8) then a sound will be played?

Comment

If you want to trigger a sound when the remote is shaken, attach a MIDI Note event to the 'accel' message of the /wii/1/accel/pry message. 'accel' is the overall acceleration on every axis. If you want to specifically trigger a note with the 'z' axis, then enable the "Raw Accel X, Y, Z" from the Wiimote drawer and assign a MIDI Note on the 'z' message.

In Ableton Live, enable "OSCulator Out" as MIDI Input as shown in this screenshot.
            live prefs.png

Comment

Working...
            X