Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keycode not working

Allo Cam, and others who might be able to help,

I recently purchased a Wiimote with the MotionPlus, so I am running 2.12-beta2 (20120206). I've had great success mapping Key Combos by referring the combos to specific applications. The same can be said about various AppleScripts programmed to do various features in iTunes and VLC.

I've tinkered with getting regular Keycodes to work, but I can't seem to make them register. I've tried adding the VVVVVV preset (http://www.osculator.net/forum/threa...uts-on-WiiMote) to try playing a game, however I haven't been able to get any sort of in-game response. Furthermore, whenever anything is pressed on the Wiimote in terms of a keycode, it does not seem to translate into the actual key in OSX Lion. To elaborate, in the VVVVVV preset, '1' is 'Space', which also happens to be play/pause in iTunes, but pressing '1' will not do this function when I am in iTunes. Same applies to any sort of text field where I would expect pressing '1' would translate to adding a 'space'.
    For what it's worth, I get a red 'square' in the OSCulator window when a directional or the '1' button is pressed.

Also, I've tried quitting OSCulator and re-pairing (with the red button or pressing 1+2), and everything works the same before and after.

Maybe I am missing something basic, but I seem to be lost!

Merci,
    -Pat.

Hi Pat!

I have tested Keycodes on Lion and everything seem to be fine.

I believe you are confused because you have opened the VVVVVV preset that is specially designed to work with VVVVVV. This means that in the Parameters Window, the default target for Key events (Key Combos and Keycodes) has been set to the application VVVVVV.

key parameters.png

If you want to generate Key events that will be received by any application, you need to set the default target to "Frontmost application".

To learn more about key events targets, please have a look at page 22 of the manual.

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Aha! I had a feeling it was something rather simple. I've now changed the settings and everything works as expected. Sorry to waste your time on such a simple question!

De toute façon, j'apprécie bien votre travail, votre effort envers ce projet et votre dédication. Je vous souhaite le meilleur succès!

Comment

Merci Pat !

Comment

Working...
        X