How do you connect osculator to max ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you connect osculator to max ?

Ok I'm sure you've heard this before , because I tried to search it and it said "The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search"
    So exaclty what do I have to do in max to get it working in osculator - I have it reading the wii in osculator no problem - what objects do I have to use in max though ?
    I want all the data x,y,z, infrared, buttons, yaw, everything

Hi Whislte,

You can have a look at how is made the included example for processing Wiimote data in Max/MSP.
    In OSCulator's distribution, it is located in the "Samples Library" folder, then you go in "Wiimote/Cycling '74".

Best,
    Cam

Comment

Hello,
      I am trying to use OSCulator with Max 6 with no luck, does OSCulator currently work with Max 6?

Comment

Yes, it works well with Max 6.
        What would you like to do?

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I am trying to have the Wiimote data to manipulate video video or sound in Max.

Comment

I don't have access to my work computer at the moment (being on holiday), so I can't test if the Wiimote example works in Max 6 (although I don't see a reason why it should not), but you can try the to send the Wiimote messages manually from OSCulator to Max.

Simply use the provided "Wiimote to Max" file and in Max use the object "udpreceive 9000" to receive OSC messages.

Then you will need to route the messages as needed to control your video, which should be doable with the "route" object.

Comment

I will try, enjoy your holiday. Thanks

Comment

Working...
              X